WHY ARE DSE ASSESSMENTS NECESSARY?
Employers need to protect employees’ health by reducing the risks associated with DSE work.
Display screen equipment applies to more than just a standard PC … it also applies to laptops, monitors and screens.
In addition to ‘blanket’ staff DSE assessments, new DSE assessments are required if:
- Dealing with a new or expectant mother
- Disabled workers
- Support for work rehabilitation/occupational health requirements
- A major change to the hardware or software used
- A major change in the workstation furniture or lighting
- A substantial increase in the amount of time required to be spent using display screen equipment
- The relocation of the workstation